Have you filled a bucket today? Being a PeaceBuilder is the same thing as being a Bucket Filler! We are called to be kind to one another. Take a look at the activities below. 🙂
I wanted to share a great article about how to teach kids self-regulation skills at home. When kids learn to become more self-aware and able to regulate feelings, they are able to be more successful. Take a look at the article below!
How about an inspiring story on this Monday? Take a look at the link below. Stay positive, treat one another with kindness, and keep moving forward! 🙂
Books are great ways to tell stories and share inspiring lessons. Are you interested in some great books for your kids? Below is a list of books on different topics from motivation to kindness. Take a look!
It is very important to know the difference between bullying and conflict. Learn the differences below as well as ways to respond.
BULLYING VS. CONFLICT
- Repeated (happens regularly)
- Intentional (on purpose)
- Imbalance of power (person has a difficult time making the behavior stop)
- Equal balance of Power
- Usually a disagreement or different point of views
- Both want the issue to be resolved
- Normal part of life
How to Respond to Bullying:
- Report it to a trusted adult right away.
- Surround yourself with friends.
- Focus on your strengths.
- Speak up for yourself.
- Do not respond to the bullying behaviors.
- Stay away from the person.
How to Resolve Conflict:
- Conflict is normal and is an equal disagreement between people
- To resolve a conflict:
- Cool down
- Describe the conflict in your own words and what caused it
- Describe your feelings from the conflict
- Listen while the other person is talking
- Brainstorm solutions to the conflict
- Try your solution; If it doesn’t work try another
Since we are starting standardized testing this week, I thought it would be helpful to post some positive test-taking skills. These are taken from a book I would recommend for kids called, “Tyler Tames the Testing Tiger.” Make sure your reinforce to your kids to stay calm and just try their best. Good luck!
Test-Taking Tips & Strategies:
- Get plenty of rest each night
- Eat a good breakfast
- Have a positive attitude
- Relax…don’t fret
- Listen carefully and follow directions
- Think before you answer
- Read directions and questions carefully
- Don’t rush…work at a middle speed
- Check over your work when finished
- Don’t expect to know every answer
What is the difference between tattling and telling? Tattling is when you are trying to get someone IN trouble. Telling is when you are trying to get someone OUT of trouble. Read more in the article below:
This is also a great table to outline the differences:
Building resilience is a key skill for kids to learn. Resilience helps children overcome obstacles in their lives and keep moving forward. Read the article below to learn more!
Empathy can help to prevent bullying behaviors. You can help teach your children empathy at home. The article below shares some great ideas for building empathy in kids.